Borana Ranch is teaming with wildlife and is used exclusively by guests staying at Borana Lodge making for an incredible safari experience. Continue game spotting from your breakfast table before enjoying a lazy afternoons by the pool. Alternatively, there are plenty of activities available including guided bush walks, horse riding, mountain biking, helping out on the ranch, accompanying the anti-poaching team on their daily rounds, spa treatments and cultural excursions (at additional cost). Late afternoon game drives leave the Lodge at around 4pm returning in time for showers and a delicious meal over which you have time to reflect on the days experiences.
Travelers are encouraged to join in for some hands-on experience with the fantastic conservation team at Borana.
– Spend a couple of hours monitoring rhino and lion with the telemetry receivers
– Tracking Rhino on foot with a team of scouts
– Contribute to the Rhino photo portfolio
– Identify lion using the whisker spot ID method
– Take out the rhino ID sheets on a game drive and try to identify each rhino
– Mountain bike along the fence lines checking voltages
– Spend a morning or evening doing rounds to get a real insight into the working of the conservancy